The first book in Japanese on business archives, Sekai no Bijinesu Akaibuzu: Kigyo Kachi no Gensen, was published on March 16, 2012. The book, compiled by the Resource Center for the History of Entrepreneurship, was based on the international symposium “The Value of Business Archives,” held on May 11, 2011 but included other important articles on business archives around the world.
With the goal of sharing this publication with an English language audience and thereby promoting business archives worldwide, the Resource Center compiled an English-language e-book version of the Japanese publication, entitled Leveraging Corporate Assets: New Global Directions for Business Archives. Although the e-book is not available yet, half of the chapters have been uploaded as PDFs. The remaining chapters and complete e-book will be added soon.
- Leveraging Corporate Assets: New Global Directions for Business Archives
〔Resource Center for the History of Entrepreneurship, Shibusawa Eiichi Memorial Foundation〕
- 1) Henning Morgen – “A Broader Perspective: Supporting Today’s Communication with Historical Facts”
- 3) Paul C. Lasewicz – “Rooted in the Archives: The Contribution of Corporate Heritage to the IBM Brand Experience”
- 4) Alexander L. Bieri – “The DNA of Corporations: A Key Enabler for Success”
- 6) Claudia Orlando – “The Ansaldo Foundation: Archives, Training and Culture”
- 7) Becky Haglund Tousey – “Proud Heritage: The Importance of Legacy Stories in Post-Acquisition Integration”
- 8) Francesca Pino – “After the Mergers Wave: Change Management and the Building of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group Archives”